Tom Munro, Courtesy of Harper's Bazaar
So today is Cameron Diaz's birthday... 40 years young and born the same year as me!
Now I know a lot of blogs feature celebrity "how to get the look" posts, but I wanted to do something a bit different! Till the end of the year I'll be celebrating the birthdays of celebs that were featured on my Musings post It IS an Age Thing, where I talked about actresses who are also turning 40 this year. Cameron, among others, is one of what I like to call my "celebrity ageing yardsticks" (I think everyone should find out who theirs are, even just out of fascination)!
So for these posts I thought I'd pick some pieces to buy that I just really like that are influenced by their style, rather than trying to recreate a particular look exactly. I thought it might be more fun to do it this way - you may see an item that you really like that you may not have considered before, I know I've been inspired by what I've found online! So more "inspired by" than "copy the look"... plus I've tried to include affordable pieces (with maybe just one or two splurge items).
I love her off-duty style. She definitely has a penchant for hats: she's a fedora/panama hat kinda girl, and I'm a hat kinda girl. Soft neutrals seem to be her favoured palette, and she often favours skinny jeans with heels or boots and a short sweater layered over a long one (cleverly breaks up her long body). Though if I had those legs I think I'd be showing them off in short skirts too...!
Top left, Top middle, Top right, Bottom left, Bottom middle, Bottom right
The following pieces are what I'd like to wear myself after searching for Cameron-inspired pieces:
However, in contrast to her everyday wear, it's on the red carpet and at press calls that she breaks out the brights or pops of colour. She also wears occasional bold patterns - I especially love the shape of the Victoria Beckham tangerine dress and the Michael Kors striped dress:
Top left, Top middle, Top right, Bottom left, Bottom middle, Bottom right
And I'm watering at the mouth thinking about these pieces - I may not have considered them before studying her style!
Let me know what you think - both of this style of post, and of the pieces I've chosen!
Happy Thursday to you all - outfit post tomorrow!
(I'm currently on a blog sabbatical till the beginning of September and all posts are scheduled. Still here to reply and comment, however :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment