Special Summer Moments

Written By Unknown on Thursday, 11 July 2013 | 17:31




"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but 


three summer days - three such days with you I 


could fill with more delight than fifty common 


years could ever contain."

















Leave it to John Keats to 


make summer days 


sound inviting....yet (despite 


the heat), there 


have been some very special


moments this summer I wanted


 to share...
























For example, at a meeting in


 SAKS 


Fifth Avenue this week, I met a 


beautiful young girl...stunning. I


 assumed she was 


studying fashion merchandising


 for a her degree.  The


wonderful surprise was that she


 is studying library science,


 because she is an avid lover of 


books!! 





As a high school teacher, we are


 constantly lamenting over 


the fact that young people have ceased to love reading in 


huge numbers.  Katie was a breath of fresh air...and she


will be one of the prettiest librarians I have ever 


known...wish I had snapped her picture!







 Now, meet Calley Gonzalez, one of San Antonio's shining


 lights on the fashion design landscape.  She was recently 


featured as an up-and-coming designer in British Vogue 


and is the 


fearless leader of the San Antonio Fashion Alliance.  I am 


working with her to promote the SAFA and our October 


2013 Fashion Week.  She is a very impressive business 


woman, creative designer, and mom!  Below see one of her


designs on the cover of the Fashion Week brochure:







Finally, before I began counting 1200 calories a day, my 


husband (lover of small town bakeries) and I ventured into


this hidden treasure in Marble Falls, Texas....BROTHERS 


BAKERY & CAFE!  The coffee drinks are worth the drive 


from SA, and


some day I will treat myself to another fresh


 danish...AMAZING!











Have a wonderful Friday...keep your 


eyes opened


for special summer moments!!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2013. Fashion Trends - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Fashion Trends
Proudly powered by Blogger