Sometimes boyfriend jeans are the best solution for a day at home, rather than staying in your pyjamas or sweats all day. They're more comfortable than skinny jeans (especially if I'm doing things sitting down), yet I still feel as if I need to dress them up just a little bit. I tend to get one or two callers at home during the day (we live right in the town centre and I get a lot of deliveries), so having something I can throw on in the morning that's also respectable for a knock at the door is important.
All boyfriend jeans need, for example, are a slightly smarter top, a leopard print belt (also helps to keep them up - why do mine always become so big on the waist?!) and some funky sandals. Yes - I pranced about the house in these (on sale) ones from Debenhams all day, simply because I felt like it. And when your hair is unwashed, matted and generally pretty rank, do what I do: tie it into a side ponytail, backcomb the hell out of it, pin it all up into a messy bun and plonk a hat on your head.
Voilà - comfy, front-door presentable, and even worthy of a photo shoot. What's your go-to outfit at home to make sure you're prepared for visitors? And do you toy with boyfriend jeans at any time to make a change from skinnies...?!
Three things to quickly tell you about!
1. Have you entered my giveaway to win two months free advertising space on my blog? No? Then click through, right now ;))
2. Please vote for me in the Facebook Aspire Style blogger style off if you haven't already! Simply "Like" my outfit - if I win the £250 vouchers I'll hold a(nother) giveaway! You have till 26 August to vote :)
3. UK stylist Arash Mazinani has written a brilliant feature about my style - please have a read of it here: http://www.arashmazinani.com/2013/08/17/street-style-icons-catherine-summers/#more-1966
Happy Tuesday everyone xo
Shop my look! A great selection of boyfriend jeans, plus my sandals are hugely reduced...!
Sweater: Thrifted, Jeans: La Redoute, Belt: Debenhams, Sandals: Debenhams (reduced to just £13.50), Hat: Accessorize, Ring: Birthday present, Nails: Models Own Concrete Mixer
Linking up to: Share Your Style Saturdays, Visible Monday, Monday Bloom, Monday Mingle, Creative Mondays, Funday Monday, Wardrobe Wednesdays, What I Wore Wednesday, Style Elixir, Passion for Fashion Friday, Sunday Style, Hat Attack
0 comments:
Post a Comment