Home » , , , , » Vlog: What I See When I Look In The Mirror | The What I See Project Launch

Vlog: What I See When I Look In The Mirror | The What I See Project Launch

Written By Unknown on Thursday, 5 September 2013 | 06:00

What I See Project - My reflection
Last month I went up to London to film a short video as a contribution to a new not-for-profit campaign that I think is a truly amazing concept. Called the What I See Project, a number of women from all over the globe answer the question: What do you see when you look in the mirror?

We've each submitted a short film - or reflection - with our personal thoughts on the answer to this question. I'd love for you to take a minute to watch my contribution on the link below (or scroll down to the embedded video):


I'm REALLY proud to be part of this campaign. We could interpret the question in any way we chose - I went a little philosophical, but that wasn't my intention .. it's just the way it ended up. I've been a photos-only style blogger for a long time now and I'm always intrigued to hear my fellow bloggers speak for the first time; this time you'll get to hear me (eep)! Although I'm not that comfortable hearing myself talking - who is?! - I have watched it a few times now so I'm now used to it:


To explain more about it to you, I have adapted the explanation of the project from their website as they explain it so well, plus the trailer is below... prepare to be inspired!

This question - What Do You See When You Look In The Mirror - has been asked to (so far) over 350 women from all the world. The What I See Project is a global online platform that recognises and amplifies women’s voices. Through their unique and honest answer to the question, women from all over the world are empowered by relating to each other’s stories. 



It was established to celebrate the inspiring women from everyday life whose stories would otherwise go unacknowledged; women share real and honest stories about their struggles, achievements and inner thoughts, and the project allows them to express themselves freely through a website that appreciates them for who they really are.

So as you can imagine I was quite humbled and truly flattered to be one of the many bloggers who were asked to contribute. The What I See Project would love more and more women to get involved - everyone is invited to tell their story. If you submit a video during the five-week campaign, you could be in with a chance of attending the amazing launch event at the Science Museum in South Kensington, London on 1st October!



What I See ProjectThe most important factor in this campaign is diversity, which is why women have been chosen from all different walks of life. So here's where I pass the baton on to the next communicator in line; to keep the campaign going, we are all promoting another blogger - the next in line to me are Lindsey & Claire of www.balladof.co.uk :)

So it would be lovely to get your support, with some Likes on my YouTube link, a comment on this post, a Tweet about the project using the #whatiseecampaign hashtag - or ultimately uploading your own reflection on their website!

Have a think and tell me... What do YOU see when you look in the mirror?
Catherine x
Social Media Icon - Bloglovin+Social Media Icon - TwitterSocial Media Icon - FacebookSocial Media Icon - InstagramSocial Media Icon - Google+Social Media Icon - Pinterest

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2013. Fashion Trends - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Fashion Trends
Proudly powered by Blogger