Home » , , , , , , , , , , » I'm All Over Coral

I'm All Over Coral

Written By Unknown on Monday, 13 August 2012 | 04:30

2012-08-13 Not Dressed As Lamb 001

2012-08-13 Not Dressed As Lamb 002

2012-08-13 Not Dressed As Lamb 005

2012-08-13 Not Dressed As Lamb 003

2012-08-13 Not Dressed As Lamb 004

I really, really loved this monochromatic outfit - simple as that...! I wore this to a surprise birthday party where I had no idea what sort of venue we were going to or what the dress code was... I read somewhere that if unsure, you should ALWAYS overdress rather than under dress - every time. Whoever said that was right, thank you :)

To have an evening in the UK where it is warm enough to go out wearing just one light layer on your top half is nothing short of a treat; no trying to decide what jacket or cardigan to put on over the top. Although I try to resist overkill on the pink front as much as possible (people I know seem to think I want pink everything for some reason), I think coral shades are a preferable alternative. I'd not thought of pairing this cutaway top (bought last summer) with this skirt (bought last winter) before - not until August's Everybody Everywhere theme was monochromatic. Blue would have been too easy, green not bright enough and white a cop out (for me I mean). So I thought pink? purple? red? - but in the end coral was number one choice. It's such a perfect colour for the summer, don't you think...?



Top: ASOS similar, Skirt: ASOS, Heels: Very.co.uk (old) I like these ones, Clutch: Faith I like this one and this one, Necklace: Local jewellery shop, Bracelets Top-Bottom: H&M / ASOS / Gift / ASOS / Debenhams similar, Rings: Topshop similar / ASOS / H&M, Nails: Nails Inc Bluebell similar

Linking up to:

Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style
Monday Mingle at Bonbon Rose Girls
What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy

Monochromatic

(I'm currently on a blog sabbatical till the beginning of September and all posts are scheduled. Still here to reply and comment, however :)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2013. Fashion Trends - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Fashion Trends
Proudly powered by Blogger